Tuesday 9 August 2016

My experiements with Quilling

I am usually very intrigued by any new form of art. Some years back I came across Quilling a paper art. And I decide to give it a shot.
Quilling is an art which involves using paper strips which are rolled, given different shapes, glued to make different decorative items. Quilling art create 3 dimensional objects. There are various items which you can make with quilling for example: storage boxes, vases, photo frames, cards, jewelry etc. It can also be used to decorate items such as scrape books etc.

More about quilling here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quilling

Usually when I try a new art, I start with full enthusiasm but it dies down quite fast. But for a change quilling kept my interest kept going and it still does. Although I haven’t tried very complex designs but still tries various different types of forms.


Below are some of the art work I had created:

A photo frame
 Few earnings :


Another frame for letter "A"
A Vase
 Another special piece in making will publish in my next post 

2 comments: